* People named Louis are more likely to live in St. Louis, people named Paul to live in St. Paul, people named Helen to live in St. Helen, and people named Mary to live in St. Mary;Het prentje: Three Rivers, Michigan.
* Women named Florence are more likely to move to Florida, women named Georgia to move to Georgia, women named Louise to move to Louisiana, and women named Virgina to move to Virginia;
* Women are more likely to marry men who share the first letter of their last (maiden) name;
* People whose name begin with Geo (e.g. George, Geoffrey) are overrepresented among geoscientists, and people named Dennis, Denis, Denise, and Dena are overrepresented among dentists;
* People are more likely to live in cities that include their birthday number (e.g. people born on March 3 are more likely than others to live in Three Rivers, Michigan).
Uit: Pelham, B.W., Mirenberg, M.C. & Jones, J.T. (2002), Why Susie sells seashells by the seashore: Implicit egotism and major life decisions, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 82, pp. 469-487.