woensdag 25 januari 2012

Zuiver loopplezier



Zuiver loopplezier. Je moet het vermoedelijk hebben meegemaakt om te weten waarover het gaat. Scott Parker probeert het uit te leggen:
The joys of running come from: self-reliance, when I complete a difficult run; self-improvement, when I go faster or farther than I have before; self-celebration, when I’m so full of life and energy I feel like I’ll explode; self-forgetting, when I run so naturally I can let go of myself doing the running; camaraderie with other runners. Sometimes the joy of running is an exuberance; sometimes it’s a peacefulness pervasive in body and mind; sometimes I earn the joy through hard work; sometimes it’s a gift that I receive just for being able to enjoy it; sometimes it’s a clarity of mind: my thoughts are as focused and purposeful as my confident stride. Sometimes it’s sort of like nothing else. And sometimes it’s painful and demanding of everything I’ve got, which doesn’t sound like it should be, but somehow is, absolutely wonderful. (Het hele stuk: hier)
Scott Parker is de auteur van Running After Prefontaine, over het plezier van "running qua running" ("a kind of purposeless and experientially focused approach to the sport that encourages a sense of play, a celebration of body, and a spontaneous exuberance in life").

En de Prefontaine uit de titel is natuurlijk de loper der lopers, Steve Prefontaine (op het prentje in het gele Oregon-shirt). In de vroege jaren 1970 was Prefontaine de meest tot de verbeelding sprekende van de lange afstandslopers. Pre -zoals hij in de loopwereld werd genoemd- kwam op zijn 24ste om het leven bij een auto-ongeluk. Niemand benaderde ooit dichter running qua running dan Prefontaine (filmpje).

1 opmerking:

d/ zei

pure poëzie....