donderdag 3 juli 2008

Greetings from Anton from Syldavia!

(Tijdens de zomermaanden wordt de blog bijgehouden door jobstudenten)


Greetings from Anton from Syldavia! Erasmus-exchangestudent in The Tourist Sciences at the prestigious Provincial University of Harelbeke! Blessings to you all and may your cherry trees eternally blossom and your rabbits multiply fruitfully, as we say at home in Syldavia.

I am very honoured to write on this blog which is very famous throughout the Kingdom of Belgium. This was explained to me by my honourable fellow students at the prestigious Provincial University of Harelbeke: Elke, Shanaia and Britney. My fellow students told me about the ancient traditional Belgian custom whereby in the beginning of the Summer month of July, young ladies all go shopping. In order to help them to be able to participate in these proud ancient traditions, I was very happy to replace them as the editor of this blog.

My country, Syldavia, is a very young country. We don't have that many ancient and historical traditions. Our ancestors in Syldavia lived in the hills, picked the cherry trees and raised the rabbits. In fact, that is what we still do. We are very proud of our national dish: rabbit with cherries! It is very tasty indeed!

I am staying in your beautiful Kingdom in order to study the Science of Tourism. The prestigious Provincial University of Harelbeke has a very fine department in which the Sciences of Tourism can be studied. In the prestigious Provincial University of Harelbeke they believe very strongly in learning by doing. You can learn nothing from the books, our honourable professors say! Our professors never read books, they say! They are all of them very experienced Scientists: for instance, one professor is also running a hotel, another is the owner of a bakery shop and a third one sells vegetables.

As an Erasmus exchange student, I have already learned a lot by doing. During the day I learn the Science of Tourism in the well known Vegetable Selling Shop of one professor. In the evening, I learn the Science of Tourism from another professor in his well known Hotel, by waiting at the tables and doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen. Learn by doing, indeed! At night, I learn even more Science of Tourism, being able to work in the well known Bakery Shop of one of our esteemend professors.

And now, I am editing this blog which is very famous throughout the Kingdom of Belgium! My parents and my family will be very proud of me. They sell many rabbits and make lots and lots of cherry marmalade in order to send me the money to be able to pay my professors to be able to work in their well known and professionally run Vegetable Selling Shops, Hotels and Bakery Shops. Very soon now the Science of Tourism will have very little secrets left for me to discover!

Greetings from Anton from Syldavia! Erasmus-exchangestudent in The Tourist Sciences at the prestigious Provincial University of Harelbeke!

Geen opmerkingen: